Acai Juice vs. Acai Powder
Why Acai Juice is NOT Healthy...
But Acai Powder is Good
Most Acai Juices are juice blends and have high amounts of fructose.
According to world renowned expert Dr. Robert Lustig, of the University of California...
"The Juice is the Bad Part of the Fruit"
- Fructose (natural sugar in fruit) is sugar, just like sucrose (table sugar).
- Fructose is equally damaging to our bodies as sucrose.
For more info, see here and here.
- Fruit juice is loaded with fructose.
- Fruit juices are fruits with the fiber removed, and that's bad.
- Fruit Juice is touted as healthy but that is a misconception.
Most acai juices are blend of many fruit juices and most all fruit juices are loaded with fructose, which is unhealthy. There is a great misconception that fruit juices are good for us.
Please take the time to watch the videos referenced above and learn about the dangers of fructose. The experts cited in these pages make a strong case that sugars, especially fructose, may be a primary cause of the epidemics of obesity, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and metabolic syndrome.
Since the evidence is so strong, it seems that drastically reducing our intake of fructose is a reasonable thing to do. Meantime, in addition to the other reasons to recommending acai berry powder in supplements or jar as discussed on this website, the fructose debate adds another compelling reason to select freeze-dried acai powder products over acai juice products.